Medical Thermography – An imaging process utilizing infrared technology to capture the heat from the surface of the body enabling the detection of the signs of disease and injury.
a. How it works: When the body functions normally , a distinct temperature pattern is created and temperature differences detected between sides of the body will fall within a normal range. When the body functions abnormally changes to these patterns and side to side measurements may be detectable with Thermography.
b. What is it used for?
- Breast cancer risk assessment
- Detecting effects of estrogen on the breasts
- Helping determine the cause of Pain/Inflamation in the body
- Assessing risk for sports injury
- Visualizing circulation in the head or extremities
- Visualizing spinal nerve function to the extremities
- Detecting occult dental infection
- Detecting subclinical thyroid conditions
- Skin cancer risk assessment
- Hormone screening: Detecting estrogen signatures in breast tissue.
Breast Thermography is an imaging technology – a 30-45 minute 100% safe , painless, non invasive clinical test without any exposure to radiation that offers the opportunity of earlier detection of breast disease than has been possible through breast self examination, doctor examination or mammography alone.
Thermography can detect the subtle physiologic changes that accompany breast pathology, whether it is cancer, fibrocystic disease, an infection or a vascular disease.
Thermography’s role in breast cancer and other breast disorders is to help in early detection and monitoring of abnormal physiology and the establishment of risk factors for the development or existence of cancer. When used with other procedures the best possible evaluation of breast health is made.