Massage Therapy / Lymphatic Massage
Lymphatic massage – great techniques for reducing Edema (swelling) and whole body detoxification.
Lee Certified at Dr. Vodder School International in 2000, the original Dr. Vodder Method of Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD®) and Combined Decongestive Therapy (CDT). Review courses taken every two years since certification.
Following definitions taken from Vodder.
Manual Lymph drainage (MLD): This is a gentle, non-invasive manual technique that has a powerful effect on the body. Developed in France in 1932 by Emil and Estrid Vodder MLD has grown to be the most well-known manual technique to assist lymph flow and aid in drainage of tissues. The skin is stretched and torqued in a specific manner, based on scientific, physiological principles that have proven to encourage lymph flow. If performed correctly with the correct pressure, direction and speed, this can greatly enhance recovery and facilitate drainage. It also has profound effects on systems in the body.
Combined Decongestive Therapy (CDT) is a combination of the Dr. Vodder method of Manual Lymph Drainage, remedial exercise therapy, compression bandaging (or compression garments in the maintenance phase) and therapeutic skin care. It may also include breathing and aquatic exercises as well as dietary measures
Benefits of Lymphatic treatments
- Healing after surgery
- Regeneration of tissue, including burns, wounds and wrinkles
- Improved immune system
- Improve ROM after knee surgery
- Decreases edema (swelling)
- Reduces pain
- Improves skin health
- Promotes deep relaxation
- Speeds healing of injuries
- Decreases scar tissue
- Minimizes scar formation
- Skin care reduces puffy eyes
- Easing of chronic pain
- Reduction of cellulite
- Alleviation of numerous chronic inflammations, including sinusitis and arthritis
- Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
When to have treatments done
- Post-mastectomy edema
- Pre and Post Surgery
- Inflammatory conditions such as sprains, strains, and muscle tears
- For Detoxification
- Pre and Post Cosmetic Surgery
- Pre and Post Breast Reduction surgery.